MICHAEL A. SERRANO, ESQ.
Mr. Serrano has over eighteen years of experience as a trial lawyer and counselor. He dedicates his practice to representing individuals and their families in cases involving serious personal injuries and employment disputes. Mr. Serrano is licensed to practice law in the State of Florida and in the Federal Courts for the 11th Circuit, in both the Middle and Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Serrano was born in Tampa, Florida and his family spans four generations from Ybor City. He attended high school at Tampa Catholic High School and graduated in 1992. During his junior year in high school he was inspired to become a trial lawyer by the book, “Inherit the Wind”. While at Tampa Catholic, he participated in various sports including track and field, soccer, and wrestling. He lettered in all three sports and represented Tampa Catholic in the state finals for track and field in the 800-meter race during both his junior and senior year of high school.
Mr. Serrano attended Florida State University and graduated with a degree in Psychology in 1996 and a postgraduate degree in Chemistry in 1997. In 1996 and 1997, he took pre-med courses with aspirations of becoming a psychiatrist. During that time period, he devoted over 500 hours of community service to Leon County as a certified crisis counselor. Shortly after he began rounding in the hospital as a volunteer, he decided that medicine was not his passion and switched gears to pursue his childhood dream of becoming a lawyer.
From 1998 to 2001, Mr. Serrano attended the Florida State University College of Law where he received a grant for prior public service to the community. Mr. Serrano began practicing law in 2001 and became a partner for a new startup firm by 2007. Since 2012, he has owned his own practice, mostly concentrating his work on personal injury litigation and trials.
Mr. Serrano’s personal hobbies include drinking rum and wine, spending time with his wife, son and family, exercising, staying fit, playing sports, listening to music, and talking by the minute.
Speaks English and Spanish
- Florida Bar, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S., Psychology
JD, Florida State University College of Law, 2001
Post Baccalaureate concentration in Chemistry, Florida State University, 1997
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Florida State University, 1996
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Lawyer Peer Rating
- Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Attorney for Personal Injury, 2020
- Top Ranked Lawyers, American Lawyer Magazine, 2020
- Ten Best Attorney, American Institute for Personal Injury Attorneys for client service, 2019
- AVVO Clients’ Choice Award, 2017
- Recipient, Public Service Scholarship
- Who’s Who of American Law Students
- Certified Crisis Counselor
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Justice Association
- East Pasco County Bar Association
- West Pasco County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Sponsor, United States Institute Against Human Trafficking, Operation: Stomp Out Demand, Super Bowl LV Initiative
- Member, Operation Underground Railroad
- Sponsor, Florida Dream Center to support fight against human trafficking
- Sponsor, Habitat for Humanity
- Sponsor, American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- Sponsor, Zephyrhills Little League
- Sponsor, Wiregrass Ranch High School Football